- Cuisines: Local Traditional
- Localyte author: Augusta Tours
- The Mount Restaurant is set in idyllic surrounds with a panoramic view of farmlands, vineyards and mountains. It is centrally located on a very popular and expanding wine route and is frequented by local residents, guest houses, tour groups and the like. The style, ambience and location of the restaurant lends itself to many weddings, birthdays and corporate functions. The Restaurant is situated in the beautiful Durbanville Winelands on the Hooggelegen Farm. The farm has been in the De Wit family for 118 years. The Mount boasts idyllic views of the Hottentots Holland, Stellenbosch and Franschhoek mountains and nearby farmlands. Fireplaces in the smoking and non-smoking areas are welcoming on a cold winter's evening and the vine-covered terrace is very popular for outdoor dining in summer. Internationally trained chef and owner, Peter Ahern, has extensive five-star cooking experience. He is passionate about his cooking and personally compiles innovative menus which cater for a wide variety of tastes.
- The description was provided by Augusta Tours
Ask a local about The Mount Restaurant and BarLocals have answered 51 questions about Cape Town.
Ask Cape Town Locals about The Mount Restaurant and Bar
- 18 Thaba Park, Hooggelegen Farm, Durbanville, 7550, South Africa
- User Rating