- Cuisines: Local Traditional
- Localyte author: Randy Gaudet
- Chiang Mai, Thailand has many great restaurants, but the Chiang Mai Floating Restaurant is a favorite for lunch. If you are not in a rush and want to try excellent Thai dishes in a wonderful atmosphere for an unbelievable price, this place is for you. Now if you are in a hurry, it's best to eat at a vendor's stall, as excellent Thai food takes a lot of preparation and is cooked fresh. Almost all good Thai restaurants have beautiful flower gardens, waterfalls, or ponds with fountains, lots of orchids, and playgrounds for the children. For Thai people, eating out is a pleasure and the food takes a while before it comes to the table, so the atmosphere is very important. Taking family or friends to a noisy restaurant on a busy street is unacceptable and considered very rude for Thai people. Street vendors and busy street side restaurants are okay to purchase food to take home or if you are on your way somewhere, but never for pleasure dining. One of the best restaurants in Chiang Mai, Thailand is Chiang Mai "Lan Ahan Ream Pae", or Chiang Mai Floating Restaurant. They now have two, one on Sankhampaeng Road and the other on the outer-ring road to Mae Rim. When you first enter the restaurant, you will notice right away a sign with their health department number and government rating of 'Very Good". This puts customers at ease knowing the kitchen and dinning area are clean with the food prepared with fresh ingredients. You will be escorted to your seat in one of the three areas of your choice, one open-air and the other two, covered. The dining area is floating on pontoons that are extended out into a large pond surrounded by fields and trees. During warm days, it is best to sit in the covered area where a sprinkler system is installed on the roof to cool the hot metal sheets. They have an extensive Thai menu and a shorter English menu. If you have a Thai friend or your Thai guide along with you, ordering from the Thai menu is best, however, the English menu is sufficient. With friends, five adults and two children, and had 11 different dishes including rice, soft drinks, and fruit shakes, and the total price will be under $18. Also, the service is excellent. There is always someone there to fill up your water or beer glass when it gets low or add more rice to your plate before you run out. All you need to do is enjoy your food, friends, family, and the beautiful, quiet surroundings.
- The description was provided by Randy Gaudet
Ask a local about Chiang Mai Floating RestaurantLocals have answered 43 questions about Chiang Mai.
Ask Chiang Mai Locals about Chiang Mai Floating Restaurant
- San Klang, San Kamphaeng, Chiang Mai 50130, Thailand
- User Rating