- Type: Kid Friendly ,Hip
NileGuide Expert Says:
Historically refined luxury hotel that offers all the amenities, including a Junior Olympic size pool, to make your stay comfortable and relaxing. Also, within walking distance of all major downtown tourist attractions.
NileGuide Expert tip:
Be sure to stay in the Historic Tower for the true historical feel, the other tower is more modern. Also, overnight parking is pricey, so park around the corner at a nearby lot.
- Located on Chicago's magnificent mile, the InterContinental Chicago is close to great restaurants, shopping and many attractions. Guests report that the rooms are quite small and cramped, but are clean and comfortable. The rooms are elegant and cozy, with marble bathrooms and a flat screen TV. The beds are luxurious and come with high thread count linens, fluffy pillows and a down comforter. Guests report that the hotel is in need of renovations, having broken air conditioners, older model mini fridges and peeling paint. Some basic amenities such as a microwave and more TV channels would make the rooms better.
- © Raveable 2013
show more reviews
User Reviews for InterContinental Chicago
Once again... Wonderful!
Friendly check in. Friendly bellman.Friendly cleaning staff. Friendly bartenders. Everyone has a hello for you. Love the location. I will stay there again and again. Michael Jordan's...
- posted on 11.26.12
- by LynnieChampaign_Il
Awesome historic hotel
For anyone bored of the modern look of most hotels these days, this one retains the more traditional styling of the older, historic hotel that it is. The room was quite nice and clean...
- posted on 11.25.12
- by BartFargo
Outstanding accommodation with excellent staff to match
This was an extremely good value for money booking. From the moment we arrived, welcomed into the hotel by Christmas scenting in the lobby and extremely friendly staff, till the last...
- posted on 11.25.12
- by AJC86
Not as good as I expected
Stayed in the Historic tower. The good: Nice place, had a decent view, great location, and very knowledgeable staff. Now the bad: The bed was hard, one window had blown seals (had condensation...
- posted on 07.04.12
- Hotel Pool 2006 – Audience Winner
- Hotel Pool 2006 – Editorial Winner
- Hotel Pool 2007 – Editorial Winner
- Highly Recommended 2010
Terry-cloth bathrobes in every room.
Message from InterContinental Chicago
InterContinental Chicago is a lot like the city itself: historic but hip, refined but relaxed, cultured but comfortable. A member of Michigan Avenue s architectural elite since 1929, our hotel is within easy reach of Chicago s incomparable museums, stores, theatres and restaurants. Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium and Oak Street Beach are minutes away.
- 4 Star Luxury Hotel
- Fitness Center and Pool
- Indulge in Luxurious Lifestyle
- visit website
- tel: +1 312 944 4100 / +1 800 628 2112(Reservations)
- fax: +1 312 944 1320
- 505 N Michigan Ave
- At Grand Ave
- Chicago, IL 60611
- InterContinental Hotels & Resorts
Hotel star rating: