- Type: Boutique
NileGuide Expert Says:
The Drake sweeps you back to the Roaring Twenties with its superb decor and historical building, while presenting you with nothing short of pure luxury.
NileGuide Expert tip:
The high tea is an experience not to be missed - always an enjoyable way to spend the afternoon.
- The Drake Hotel sits at the top of the Magnificent Mile, overlooking the shores of Lake Michigan at Oak Street Beach. Situated between the exclusive East Lake Shore Drive and Walton Place, The Drake is perhaps Chicago's most luxurious hotel. It is known for its high tea service, which is recommended even for those whose pockets aren't quite deep enough to be overnight guests. Otherwise, the restaurant Coq d'Or offers delicious food in a lounge atmosphere.
- © NileGuide2013
show more reviews
User Reviews for The Drake Hotel
I stayed at the Drake for 2 nights in the middle of Nov. The good... Location excellent. Can walk everywhere. I stayed at the Trump a month ago, also good location, but I prefer the...
- posted on 11.26.12
- by orchickie
We've just returned from a 3 night stay at this classic stylish hotel. The Drake is everything it claims to be, elegant, comfortable, friendly and in a great location for shopping,...
- posted on 11.22.12
- by beentheretoo70
Good business hotel, very good stay
I recently stayed at the Drake during a trip to Chicago for a conference. Its at the north end of Michigan Ave, but still a very good location near Watertower place, shopping, eating,...
- posted on 11.20.12
- by Jake143
Editorial review from Citysearch
Great Place for High Tea! Between the elegance of the DRAKE and the harpist, it is a true delight!
- posted on 01.17.13
- by by genet925619813 at Citysearch
- Romantic Hotel 2006 – Editorial Winner
- Very Highly Recommended 2010
For homesick Brits, the hotel offers high tea in the Palm Court.
- visit website
- tel: +1 312 787 2200 / +1 800 553 7253
- fax: +1 312 787 1431
- send email
- 140 E Walton Place
- At Michigan Ave
- Chicago, IL 60611
Gold Coast & Streeterville
- Y! Travel: The Drake Hotel
- breakfast included
Hotel star rating: