- Saint Petri German Church (Sankt Petri Tyske Kirke) is located in Copenhagen's Latin district, the part of town between Strget and the old embankments. The church was built in the fifteenth century, and at the time of Frederik II, in 1557, the church was handed over to his numerous German subjects. Today this is a national church, but the language of the ceremonies is still German. At the time of Christian IV, Sankt Petri Kirke was enlarged to include two crossing naves. Since the beginning, the church has been through wars, fires and a lot of restoration work, but has been kept in its original Mediaeval form.
- © wcities.com 2013
Ask a local about Sankt Petri Tyske KirkeLocals have answered 59 questions about Copenhagen.
Ask Copenhagen Locals about Sankt Petri Tyske Kirke
- tel: +45 3313 3833
- Sankt Peders Stræde 2
- Copenhagen 1453
- User Rating