- Type: Religious Sights
NileGuide Expert tip:
Want more? There's a guided walking tour that includes the Alcazar of the Christian Kings, The Mosque-Cathedral, and the Jewish Quarter and Synagogue. Tue-Sat 10:30am, 36.5€/person (includes entrance fees).
- The Mudéjar, Gothic, Renaissance, and Baroque architecture of the Mezquita speaks of the rich history of Christian and Muslim rule in Andalucía. Its construction began in the year 600 as a Visigoth church. It was later divided between the Muslims and the Christians after the Islamic conquest, and eventually, the Muslims bought it from the Christians and spent two hundred years building it as a mosque. The Mezquita was completed in the year 987 and later reconquered by the Christians, who built a gothic cathedral in its center. Córdoba was one of the most important cities for Muslims during the reign of al-Andalus, and the Mezquita was a symbol of power for Cordoba's strong government and economy. Stroll through beautiful rows of arches and relax in the Patio de Naranjos, a beautiful outdoor courtyard decorated with orange trees. This World Heritage Site is now the home of the Roman-Catholic diocese of Córdoba. Adult: 8€; ages 10-14: 4€; 10 and under: Free.
- © NileGuide2013
Ask a local about La Mezquita-Catedral de Córdoba (The Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba)Locals have answered 2 questions about Cordoba.
Ask Cordoba Locals about La Mezquita-Catedral de Córdoba (The Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba)
- Very Highly Recommended 2010
- visit website
- tel: +34 958-225-226, +34 677-417-790
- fax: +34 958-994-612
- send email
- Calle Cardenal Herrero, 1
- Calles Torrijos and Cardenal Herrero s/n (south of the train station, just north of the Roman bridge)
- Cordoba, Cordoba 14003
- Nov and Feb daily 10am-6pm; Dec-Jan daily 10am-5:30pm; Apr-June daily 10am-7:30pm; Mar and July-Oct Mon-Sat 10am-7pm, Sun 9-10:45am and 1:30-6:30pm
- User Rating