- The oldest functioning church in the city, this place of worship was established in 1879 for Italian and Irish immigrants as a place to worship. Run by the Jesuits, this church is in the traditional cruciform shape. The present wooden steeple was replaced after the original belfry threatened to crash through the roof. Back in 1912, two priests in residence restored the scaffolding and repainted the whole church. The interior has a Gothic feel with ornate windows of stained glass. In addition, there is a beautiful mural of the death and resurrection of Jesus.
- © wcities.com 2013