Get a real taste of Scotland on this two day trip from Edinburgh. Venture into Inverness, the capital city of the Highlands which sits astride the Loch Ness, home to the elusive Loch Ness Monster.
Highlights of your two-day Inverness, Loch Ness and Highlands excursion include:
- Rannoch Moor and Glencoe, Scotland's most famous glen and the scene of the terrible massacre of the MacDonalds in 1692
- Fort William and the striking scenery of the Great Glen
- Drive from the attractive village of Fort Augustus along the entire length of Loch Ness
- Optional cruise on Loch Ness or visit to Urquhart Castle
- Free time in Inverness
- The Victorian resort town of Pitlochry
You'll stay in first-class hotel or guesthouse accommodations on this two-day tour, specially selected for its convenient location close to the main sights and shopping area. There's a hearty Scottish breakfast to get things off to a good start on day two, and your dinner arrangements have been kept free so you can dine as the mood takes you.
A popular feature of this tour is the extended free time available for independent sightseeing or shopping. You'll have plenty of time to relax in the Highland surroundings without feeling rushed, following your own interests at your own pace.
- © Viator2013
Ask a local about 2-Day Inverness, Loch Ness and the Highlands Tour from EdinburghLocals have answered 15 questions about Edinburgh.
Ask Edinburgh Locals about 2-Day Inverness, Loch Ness and the Highlands Tour from Edinburgh