Enjoy some of Scotland's most spectacular scenery on this scenic three-day tour from Edinburgh. Based in Inverness, the Capital of the Highlands you will enjoy an unforgettable excursion to Applecross and of course an opportunity to look for the fabled Loch Ness monster! Base yourself in Inverness for two nights, the perfect location from which to explore the beauty of Scotland.
Highlights of your three-day Scottish Scenic excursion include:
- Rannoch Moor and Glencoe, Scotland's most famous glen and the scene of the terrible massacre of the MacDonalds in 1692
- Fort William and the striking scenery of the Great Glen
- Drive from the attractive village of Fort Augustus along the entire length of Loch Ness
- Drive over one of Scotland's highest roads to scenic Applecross
- Free time in Inverness
- The Victorian resort town of Pitlochry
You'll stay in first-class hotel or guesthouse accommodations on this three-day tour, specially selected for their convenient locations close to the main sights and shopping areas. There's a hearty Scottish breakfast to get things off to a good start each day, and your dinner arrangements have been kept free so you can dine as the mood takes you.
A popular feature of this tour is the extended free time available for independent sightseeing or shopping. You'll have plenty of time to relax in the Highland surroundings without feeling rushed, following your own interests at your own pace.
- © Viator2013
Ask a local about 3-Day Scenic Scotland Tour: Inverness and Applecross Peninsula from EdinburghLocals have answered 15 questions about Edinburgh.
Ask Edinburgh Locals about 3-Day Scenic Scotland Tour: Inverness and Applecross Peninsula from Edinburgh