Make yourself at home in Inverness for 2 nights and explore the beautiful Scottish wilderness on this three-day tour of Inverness and the Highlands from Edinburgh. You will enjoy three days of breathtaking scenery while experiencing the wild countryside of Scotland.
Highlights of your three-day Scottish Wilderness excursion include:
- Rannoch Moor and Glencoe, Scotland's most famous glen and the scene of the terrible massacre of the MacDonalds in 1692
- Loch Ness
- Seal spotting at Cromarty Firth
- Golspie and the statue of the First Duke of Sutherland
- Caithness and its beautiful harbors
- The dramatic cliff-top scenery of John O'Groats, popularly considered Britain's northernmost point
- Bird and wildlife spotting - look out for puffins, red deer and hairy Highland cows
- Free time in Inverness
- The Victorian resort town of Pitlochry
You'll stay in first-class hotel or guesthouse accommodations on this three-day tour, specially selected for their convenient locations close to the main sights and shopping areas. There's a hearty Scottish breakfast to get things off to a good start each day, and your dinner arrangements have been kept free so you can dine as the mood takes you.
A popular feature of this tour is the extended free time available for independent sightseeing or shopping. You'll have plenty of time to relax in the Highland surroundings without feeling rushed, following your own interests at your own pace.
- © Viator2013
Ask a local about 3-Day Scottish Wilderness Tour: Inverness and the Highlands from EdinburghLocals have answered 15 questions about Edinburgh.
Ask Edinburgh Locals about 3-Day Scottish Wilderness Tour: Inverness and the Highlands from Edinburgh