Make yourself at home in Inverness for four nights and explore the beautiful Isle of Skye and Scottish Highlands, traveling all the way to John O'Groats. You will enjoy five days of breathtaking scenery while experiencing the best Scotland has to offer.
Highlights of your five-day Highlands excursion include:
- Rannoch Moor and Glencoe, Scotland's most famous glen and the scene of the terrible massacre of the MacDonalds in 1692
- Fort William and the striking scenery of the Great Glen
- Drive from the attractive village of Fort Augustus along the entire length of Loch Ness
- Excursion to the Isle of Skye by mini coach
- The dramatic cliff-top scenery of John O'Groats, popularly considered Britain's northernmost point
- Drive over one of Scotland's highest roads to scenic Applecross
- Free time in Inverness
- The Victorian resort town of Pitlochry
You'll stay in first-class hotel or guesthouse accommodations on this five-day tour, specially selected for their convenient locations close to the main sights and shopping areas. There's a hearty Scottish breakfast to get things off to a good start on days two to five, and your dinner arrangements have been kept free so you can dine as the mood takes you.
A popular feature of this tour is the extended free time available for independent sightseeing or shopping. You'll have plenty of time to relax in the Highland surroundings without feeling rushed, following your own interests at your own pace.
- © Viator2013
Ask a local about 5-Day Tour to the Isle of Skye, Inverness and Highlands from EdinburghLocals have answered 15 questions about Edinburgh.
Ask Edinburgh Locals about 5-Day Tour to the Isle of Skye, Inverness and Highlands from Edinburgh