- This building was the seat of Scottish Government until 1707 when the Act of Union brought together the governments of England and Scotland. Built in 1632-39, it now accommodates the superior courts of Scotland, the High Court of Justiciary and the Court of Session. It is well worth a visit to see the black tin notary boxes in use, the fine hammer beam roof and the be-wigged and robed advocates pacing the great hall. There are also fine portraits by Raeburn and other major Scottish artists. Access to the marvelous Signet Library upstairs is by written request only, as it is in daily use. Address enquiries to: The Librarian, Signet Library, Parliament House, and Parliament Square, Edinburgh.
- © wcities.com 2013