- Don't miss the opportunity to experience the color and energy of the unique Scottish Highlands Games on a day trip from Edinburgh. See men in kilts tossing the caber, putting the shot and throwing the hammer, and enjoy a memorable day out in the scenic Highlands.
This tour is likely to sell-out! The Scottish Highland Games Day Trip from Edinburgh has limited availability, so book ahead to avoid disappointment!
Dating back more than 900 years, when the Clans gathered to show off their athletic skills, the Scottish Highland Games are an unmissable event on the European calendar.
Highlights of this fantastic spectacle include Highlands dancing, pipe band displays, hammer throwing, tug-of-war, wrestling and, of course, tossing the caber.
The Games are held in different regions throughout the year, with the most famous held in Braemar in late summer.
2010 Scottish Highland Games Day Trip schedule:
- Saturday July 3 - Luss Highland Games
- Sunday July 11 - Stirling Highland Games
- Saturday July 17 - Balloch Highland Games
- Saturday July 31 - Callander Highland Games
- Sunday August 22 - Crieff Highland Games
- Saturday September 4 - Braemar Highland Games
- © Viator2013
Ask a local about Scottish Highland Games Day Trip from EdinburghLocals have answered 15 questions about Edinburgh.
Ask Edinburgh Locals about Scottish Highland Games Day Trip from Edinburgh