Lochs and castles – what could be more Scottish? Take this small group day trip to the Scottish west coast and you'll discover the real Scotland!
With a maximum group size of 16 passengers, you are sure to have a memorable and personal experience on this special day trip to Scotland's west Highland lochs and castles. You'll travel in a comfortable air-conditioned minivan, reach out-of-the-way places and receive individual attention from your expert driver/guide.
- Doune Castle
- Stop for refreshments in Callander or Kilmahog
- Scenic views of Loch Luibnaig, Loch Earn, Glen Ogle and Glen Dochart
- Lunch at the Glenorchy Lodge Hotel (not included), in the shadow of Ben Cruachan
- Scotland's longest loch, Loch Awe, and the spectacular ruins of Kilchurn Castle, a stronghold of the Clan Campbell
- Inveraray, an 18th-century whitewashed village on the shores of Loch Fyne
- Inveraray Castle, the neo-Gothic Scottish baronial home of the Duke of Argyll, chief of the Clan Campbell, with its 19th-century jail, museum ship and bell tower
- Loch Fyne, renowned for its fine seafood and views of oyster beds, salmon and trout farms
- Loch Long, with its history of Viking raiders
- Loch Lomond
- Luss, a conservation village with traditional estate workers cottages
- Photo stop at Stirling Castle
Winner of the Inaugural Scottish Thistle Award for Sustainable Tourism, October 2007
- © Viator2013
Ask a local about West Highland Lochs and Castles Small Group Day Trip from EdinburghLocals have answered 15 questions about Edinburgh.
Ask Edinburgh Locals about West Highland Lochs and Castles Small Group Day Trip from Edinburgh