This museum of archeology is made up of the Egyptian collections, the most important in Italy after those that are from Turin. The first part of the Egyptian section, Nizzoli originated from the collection, purchased in 1824. These pieces resulted from the Italian expedition led by Ippolito Rosellini. The collection was increased by a number of purchases and donations, as well as from archaeological finds from the campaigns in Egypt in 1885 and 1891-92 Schiaparelli.
Among the most famous works of the museum is called dell'Idolino bronze statue of the same name is Greek. In the gallery of bronzes, there are three major Etruscan bronzes shown: the statue of Minerva, the famous Chimera wounded by Bellerophon. A Chimera is a mythical beast with a lion's body and head, a goat head sprouting from its back, and a serpent for a tail. It was found near Arezzo in 1553 and probably made in a Chiusi or an Orvieto workshop. In the section of black-figured Attic vases is the detail of the famous François Vase, attributed to the Greek Clizia.