- Treat yourself to ultimate luxury and comfort at the Ashford Castle Hotel. A 13th century castle that lies close to the picturesque Lough Corrib (the second largest lake in Ireland), the brilliance and grandeur of years gone by come alive with its objects d'art and paintings. Furthermore ancient furnishings, heavy drapery and upholstery complete the classic mould. The rooms are fully equipped and every little detail is taken into consideration. There is a restaurant, bar, gymnasium and health center on the premises. The hotel provides unlimited sporting pleasures like golf, clay pigeon shooting and archery, to name a few, and you can take a walk in the well-manicured gardens, for those quiet moments.
- © wcities.com 2013
User Reviews for Ashford Castle
What An Amazing Place!
Ashford Castle is the perfect getaway. Everything was very comfortable and and the staff is fantastic. We arrived to find out there we had somehow booked the wrong dates (they had...
- posted on 11.25.12
- by SThayer
Highlight of our 30th Anniversary Trip!
Ashford Castle was by far the highlight of our trip and upon arrival we were upgraded at no charge to a deluxe lakeview room for our Anniversary. This place makes you feel like royalty...
- posted on 11.21.12
- by Dan R
35th Wedding Anniversary
Just returned home from spending a lovely night at Ashford Castle, a most beautiful place. The staff are very helpful and friendly they go out of their way to look after your every...
- posted on 11.20.12
- by Keith M
- Very Highly Recommended 2010
- visit website
- tel: +353 94 954 6003
- fax: +353 94 954 6260
- send email
- On the shores of Lough Corrib
- (Half an hour from Galway)
- Cong, County Mayo
- Manor House Hotels of Ireland