- The Île Rousseau is a peaceful and very green little islet between the left and right bank of the city. It is connected to the des Bergues bridge and it overlooks the Mont-Blanc Bridge. There are a number of benches and a miniature 18th Century-style pavilion that has since become a restaurant with a sunny terrace. The islet is named after Jean-Jacques Rousseau who was born in Geneva in 1712. In 1835, a statue was erected here in homage to the great philosopher.
- © wcities.com 2013