- This building, which houses the island's local government offices, was built in the first half of the 16th century. Originally, it has a Renaissance-style layout, a design which would then be exported to the Spanish mainland and America. It suffered a terrible fire in 1842, however, a disaster which was blamed on the government in Tenerife and which would lead to the break up of the province in 1852. The present style, following renovation work in 1853, is classic. It consists of two floors. The ground floor is a gallery, and upstairs there are columns between wide arches, finished off with small windows. As it's a public building, admission is free. For further information, call City Hall at the given number.
- © wcities.com 2013