Public Question Asked by NileGuide about Hat Yai
where is the great places to visit in hat yai???
The Best Answer
Answered by Peter Wirth , Songkhla, Thailand
The best places in Hatyai:
1) Kim Yong Market where you can find fresh food, food stalls, flowers, daily necessities.
2) Tone Na Chang Waterfall - outside Hatyai City, abt. 20 km
3) Kwan Yin Temple, located on the "Buddha Mountain" in Hatyai's Public Park.
4) The large Buddha on top of Buddha Mountain with an interesting stroll to the other side where you can find a large 4 faced Hindu style Buddha.
5) The public Park itself that offers boat rides and quiet places with rare trees and flowers.
6) Wat Hat Yai Nai, with one of the largest reclining Buddhas.
7) Philatelic Museum, near the train station
8) Next to Tesco is a Buddhist Temple and monastery which also houses the Thavornwitthayalai School of Buddhism.
9) On the new road to Songkhla you'll find one of the largest Mosques in Thailand.