- Type: Business Travel ,Boutique ,Hip
NileGuide Expert Says:
FREE audio/visual library with 500+ movies, 2,000+ songs, and 50,000+ Internet radio stations. 1960s-style telephone set and utensils
NileGuide Expert tip:
Just remember that there are no elevators and lifts so small compact bags and business travelers with hand carry baggage will find this hotel a hidden gem.
- Mingle Place by The Park is designed to bring you back to 1960's old Hong Kong and let you live in a classical "Tong Lau" ("Old Chinese Residential Building"). The staircase is original and they restored the 1960s-style floor tiles. The raw concrete walls were kept as is, as well as the original stone railings. As the historical building was kept as original as possible, there is therefore no lift.
The utensils in every room are as close to the original as possible — traditional Chinese calendar with almanac, mechanical alarm clock, a spittoon, a 60's hair dryer, old Chinese style cups, teapot and mug, classical telephone set.
The staircase is a "time tunnel" gallery showing pictures, photos and artworks from the early years of Hong Kong, 1960's and today
* G/F - 1/F : 1800's Early Hong Kong
* 1/F - 2/F : Early 1900's Hong Kong
* 2/F - 3/F : 1960's Livelihood and Transportation
* 3/F - 4/F : 1970's Hong Kong
* 4/F - 5/F : Historical Wanchai District - Photos and Artworks
* 5/F - Roof : 19th - 21st Century Hong Kong in Transition
The Business Centre is in the setting of a typical family living room in 1960's décor with refreshments, cleaning tools, desk with traditional Chinese abacus, pencils and exercise books, Chinese calligraphy pads, Chinese ink and brushes and, in contrast, high-tech wireless notebook PC's for guest usage.
The Reception front desk has the design of a traditional Chinese Drug Store.
Place by The Park is only minutes' walk to the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre. Transportation networks that converge here include the MTR (subway), bus lines and trams.
- © NileGuide2013