- The first service held in this church was on June 3, 1917. The Rev. R.E.R. Wade designed the present chapel in the shape of a cross. In 1949, the church was enlarged and the stained glass window installed, although the red bricks of 1917 were retained. There are many things of interest inside, such as the unusual but beautiful pulpit, the baptismal font and the organ loft. The plaque unveiled in 1975 by The Most Hon. Mrs. Florizel Glasspole, is a source of great pride.
- © wcities.com 2013
Ask a local about Lyndhurst Methodist ChurchLocals have answered 121 questions about Jamaica.
Ask Jamaica Locals about Lyndhurst Methodist Church