- This Anglican church is one the oldest in Jamaica, founded in 1664 and named after the apostle Andrew, patron saint of Scotland. The current building was erected in 1700 after the original church was destroyed in the earthquake of 1692. Additions over the years include three separate chapels; interestingly, the famous 1907 earthquake destroyed another section of the church. The church is home to beautiful monuments and memorials, representative of the histories of Jamaica and England. The gravestones in the adjoining cemetery are a virtual Who's Who of Jamaica. The congregation presently numbers 3,000.
- © wcities.com 2013