- Built almost 200 years ago, this red brick building with its massive stone columns is a reminder of the island's many cultural influences. The church grew was erected by citizens of Scottish descent. It was once known as "The Backra Church," as only wealthy whites could worship there. The interior is in need of repair, but this does not detract from its beauty. Blue glass windows and a dozen large mahogany pillars, remains of the original design of 1814 adds to the imposing beauty of this octagonal building.
- © wcities.com 2013