- Two chapels, the Church of the Flagellation and the Church of the Condemnation and Imposition of the Cross, situated on either side of a lovely courtyard, represent the 2nd Station of the Cross on the Via Dolorosa. To the right is the Chapel of the Flagellation, restored by Barluzzi in 1927-29. The nearby Chapel of the Condemnation is a 32-foot square, part of whose floor is the Lithostrotos(a Roman pavement) that extends into the Sisters of Sion Convent. The monastery is the site of the Stadium Biblicum Franciscanum and has a small archaeological museum.
- © wcities.com 2013
- tel: +972 2 625 8844 (Tourist Information)
- Via Dolorosa, near St Stephen's Gate
- No Sweat
- User Rating