Ha-Yehudim St 89
tel: +972-626-5900 ext106/102
The Hurva Synagogue was originally built in the 1700s but destroyed a few years after it was completed. In 1864 the newly reconstructed synagogue was consecrated and became the central synagogue in Jerusalem. Two days after Jerusalem fell to the Arab legion in May 1948, Jordanian forces destroyed the Hurva synagogue. Restoration began in 2008 and was completed in May 2010. Today, the Hurva Synagogue is once again the central synagogue for the Jews of the Jewish Quarter. Tours must be booked in advance.