- One of the first homes built outside the walls of the Old City, it is in a quiet alley by the home of Israel's first Ashkenazi Chief Rabbi. In 1924, Anna Ticho, an artist, and her husband Dr. Ticho, bought the property. When Anna died in 1980, she bequeathed the house along with its art collections to the city of Jerusalem, requesting that the house is made into a public center for art and cultural events. Peaceful gardens surround the house and there is a very pleasant outdoor cafe, which is host to weekly jazz and classical music concerts.
- © wcities.com 2013