Public Question Asked by Kass H about Kiev
I would like to visit Kiev for few days, what are the most attractive places to see for first time visitor?
The Best Answer
Answered by Eugene , Kiev, Ukraine
I believe you are asking me about cultural life in Kiev (not cluber's life). If so, the most prominent places to see for first time visitor inKiev are:
1) Kievo-Pecherskaya Lavra (the biggest and the most ancient monastary with so called Far and Near Caves revealing dead mummies of the saint monks)
2) Andreevsky Descend (old cobbled street going down to POdol - old part of Kiev) with St. Andrews Church - museum and lots of sellers of ukrainian traditional hadmade crafts (good presents for your friends and relatives).
3) Golden Gates Monument
4) St. Sofia's Cathedral-museum (close to St. Michael's Cathedral and St. Andrew's Church)
5) Acting St. Michael's Cathedral (close to St. Sofia's Cathedral and St. Andrew's Church)
6) Podol area - there are still some areas there which look like Kiev of older times (1920s or so)
There are lots of nioce cafes and restraunts along the street.
7) Park of Glory near Arsenal'naya Metro Station
8) Mariinsky Park with its Mariinsky Palace, located next to the Parliament. It is a ceremonial residence of the President of Ukraine.
It is named after the wife of Emperor Alexander II, Empress Maria Alexandrovna.
In 1874 English-style park with area of 8.9 ha was established due to her contribution (gardener O.G. Nedzelskiy).
All these sightseeings are centrally located on the right bank of Kiev.
Left bank is fairly new and has not interesting historical heritage.
If you are interested more in nightlife you can get a profound info here http://www.kievapts.com/kiev_nightlife.php