- Arulmigu Sri Ramalinga Eeswarar Alayam, a brick and stone temple, was built in 1903 by the Malayan Railway employees who needed a temple in the area. Devotees flocked to this place of worship during the many Hindu festivals. In 1980 the temple was marked for demolition to make way for developments in the area. Perseverance from the numerous devotees and the then-minister, Tan Sri Manickavasagam, led to the granting of land at Lot 61 Jalan Maarof where the new Arulmigu Sri Ramalinga Eeswarar Temple now stands.
- © wcities.com 2013
Ask a local about Arulmigu Sri Ramalinga Eeswarar TempleLocals have answered 138 questions about Kuala Lumpur.
Ask Kuala Lumpur Locals about Arulmigu Sri Ramalinga Eeswarar Temple
- tel: +60 3 2164 3929
- 61 Jalan Maarof
- Kuala Lumpur 59100
- No Sweat
- User Rating