Owners Mark and Beverly Jeffries include transportation from Gatwick as part of the price. There is a courtesy pickup from the airport operating in the morning between 6 and 10am. Their home is a sprawling neo-Tudor affair on .8 hectares (2 acres) of land, surrounded by fields on all sides. It was built in 1894 as a supplemental home for the lord of Ifield, who occupied a larger house nearby and never actually moved in. Two of the rooms -- a single and a triple -- share a bathroom; the others have bathrooms with showers. Each of the accommodations has flowered wallpaper and simple, traditional accessories.
- © Frommer's 2013