Orientate yourself with Windsor Castle, Hampton Court Gardens, Runnymede and Eton on a customized, full day guided tour from London. See the sights with free walking tours of Windsor and Hampton Court Gardens or upgrade on the day and venture inside Windsor Castle and Hampton Court Palace for a more in-depth glance into regal splendour and British royalty.
For 900 years, Windsor Castle has been home to the Royal Family. It remains the largest occupied castle in the world. This morning, you'll have the opportunity to either:
1. Tour inside Windsor Castle and see the lavish State Apartments, still in use today. You'll visit inside the 14th century, St George's Chapel before concluding your visit watching the changing of the guards* (Not guaranteed during summer season)
2. Take to Windsor's cobbled streets on a free walking tour of the castle's precincts, including the world famous Eton College. Your English-speaking guide will point out historic buildings dating back to the 17th century.
From Windsor, you'll travel to epic Runnymede, where King John sealed the Magna Carta, the worlds first constitution, before bishops and barons in 1215.
Hampton Court Palace and Gardens
At your final stop today, venture to Surrey and visit the grounds of Hampton Court Palace. Formerly occupied by royalty, it remains a living tapestry of history through the ages. It's your choice whether you:
1. Explore the palace interior, with its Tudor inspired architecture. Built by Cardinal Thomas in 1514 it was later overhauled by King Henry VIII*
2. Stroll the manicured lawns of Hampton Court Gardens. Lined with 300 year old yew trees and an abundance of flower species, it is distinctly scented with a beautiful floral fragrance, year round.
* Entry ticket can be purchased from your guide on the day of travel
- © Viator2013
Ask a local about London Custom Day Trip: Windsor Castle, Hampton Court Gardens, Runnymede and EtonLocals have answered 100 questions about London.
Ask London Locals about London Custom Day Trip: Windsor Castle, Hampton Court Gardens, Runnymede and Eton