More Top 10s
- Historic Sites
- Museum Exhibits
- Unusual Things to Do
- Offbeat Activities
- Outdoor Attractions
- Religious Sites
- Romantic Things to Do
- Places to Shop
- Things to Do Near Downtown
- Things to Do Near Griffith Park
- Things to Do Near Pasadena
- Things to Do Near UCLA
- Walking Tours
- Helicopter Tours
- Golf Courses
- New Tourist Attractions
- Nature & Wildlife
- Outdoor Activities
- Recently Updated Things To Do
- Recreation & Natural Areas
- Sports Attractions
- Things to Do Around Los Angeles
- Things to Do Near Chinese Theater - Hollywood
- Things to Do Near Convention Center / Staples Center
- Things to Do Near Dodger Stadium
- Things to Do Near LAX Airport
- Things to Do Near Long Beach Airport
- Things to Do Near Manhattan Beach
- Things to Do Near Rodeo Drive - Beverly Hills
- Things to Do Near Santa Monica Pier
- Things to Do Near Universal Studios
- Things to Do Near Venice Beach
- Wine Tastings
user ratingexpert pick
The Huntington Library is the jewel in Pasadena's crown. The 207-acre hilltop estate was once home to industrialist and railroad magnate Henry...read more
The Best of NileGuide
Los Angeles is a huge and diverse area that offers something to do for most anyone out there. This list gives a run-down of some of the more popular and well-known destinations. This is just a starting point, the fun is in discovering the quirkier sites that are perfect for you.
This list does not give very good coverage to the nearby amusement parks, which are often located farther afield in the Los Angeles/Orange County area. The big attractions are Disneyland, Six Flags, Knotts Berry Farm, and Universal City.
Griffith Observatory is an Art Deco landmark that was recently renovated and re-opened in 2006. There are a lot of fun science exhibits inside, as well as the observatory and some cool period murals. For more Art Deco goodness, check out this Los Angeles Art Deco guide. Additionally, here is a more general L.A. Architecture guide.
If you are interested sites that help reveal the storied past of the Los Angeles area, check out this L.A. Heritage guide.
A number of the larger and more fabulous Los Angeles museums are mentioned on this list. For more options, check out the top ten L.A. Museums list and Art Museums list.
Whenever I have guests visiting, I always ended up driving with them to a city park or into the nearby countryside to embark on some great walking and hiking trips. If this sounds like a viable plan for you, check out the L.A. Walking guide and Hiking guide.
Finally, we have compiled this very long L.A. Offbeat guide to you help find some Los Angeles gems that are little bit less mainstream.
- Best Of Los Angeles
- Brand Name Hotels
- Business Hotels
- Five Star Hotels
- Trendy Hotels
- Bed and Breakfast Inns
- Cheap Accommodations
- Family Friendly Accommodations
- Cheap Restaurants
- Chinese Food
- Fast Food
- Japanese Food
- Mexican Food
- Thai Food