- Type: Landmarks
NileGuide Expert tip:
Although Nileguide does not official condone this type of behavior, the daring can act like a law student and walk in. Evidently the famous fifth floor Tea Room is now a dining area.
- During its heyday, this sprawling department store was dubbed the "Cathedral of Commerce." Opened in 1929, the Bullocks Wilshire Building was one of the most impressive consumer centers that the city had ever seen, an art deco masterpiece adorned with chrome, marble, leather and crystal. The building has since garnered a place on the National Register of Historic Places. It has now been restored and re-opened as the Law Library of the Southwestern Law School. The building is open to the public only periodically throughout the year; call the number listed below for recorded information on upcoming tours.
- © wcities.com 2013
Ask a local about Bullocks Wilshire BuildingLocals have answered 57 questions about Los Angeles.
Ask Los Angeles Locals about Bullocks Wilshire Building