- This building was designed by Claud Beelman and opened as a retail center for the Eastern Outfitting Company and Columbia Outfitting Company in 1930. The funding for this structure came from Adolph Sieroty, a polish immigrant who started a clock store which quickly grew into these large furniture and clothing businesses. The department stores here closed in 1957, after this the building was used for office space for half a century. In 2004 the Kor Group acquired the place; they renovated it into the current condominium space. This Art Deco masterpiece sheathed with turquoise terra cotta tile is one of the more lovely buildings in the downtown area.
- © NileGuide2013
Ask a local about Eastern Columbia BuildingLocals have answered 57 questions about Los Angeles.
Ask Los Angeles Locals about Eastern Columbia Building