- The original lighthouse was constructed at this location in 1817, but a new tower and dwelling were built in the late 1800s. The light is located in historic Tisbury, at the west entrance of the Vineyard Haven Harbor. Unfortunately, the grounds are privately owned and are not open to the public. However, the tower and light may be seen from the road. The lantern's red panel, when flashing red, serves as a warning that a boat is headed for danger.
- © wcities.com 2013
Ask a local about West Chop LightThere are 3 questions about Martha's Vineyard.
Ask Martha's Vineyard Locals about West Chop Light