- This magnificent Gallery was established in 1887. The original Victorian building now houses a collection of Australian art from the 1850s to 1900s. Two period additions were built in 1897 and 1905 and currently display an outstanding collection of 19th century British and European paintings and decorative arts. A building and renovation programme has resulted in six new gallery spaces, including an exciting sculpture annexe, and new rooms for the display of temporary exhibitions and the permanent collection of 20th century Australian art. The gallery shop stocks an extensive range of art-related merchandise--cards, books, jewellery and gifts. Admission is free.
- © wcities.com 2013