Want to escape Melbourne and head for the tranquil Victorian countryside? Then this tour is for you. Visit Bendigo, known for its opulent heritage and considered one of the most impressive examples of 19th century 'boom town' architecture in Australia, then climb aboard the P.V. Canberra, an authentic paddle steamer for a cruise along the 'Mighty Murray' River to the historic town of Echuca.
Discover the Victorian countryside and its bygone era of paddleboats on a once bustling river highway as you wind along the Murray River to historic Echuca. Cruise under majestic rivergums and explore the restored port before heading to Bendigo to discover the town's grand old buildings.
Your tour to Ecucha includes the following highlights:
- Journey through the impressive Macedon Ranges and visit charming country towns and classic farming landscapes along the way
- Visit Bendigo and her grand historic buildings, meticulously preserved to retain the city's opulence and splendor. Built on gold, Bendigo continues to flourish 100 years after the gold rush era that brought immense wealth to the town
- Climb aboard the Talking Tram, to discover Bendigo's fascinating history whilst touring the local heritage sights
- Cruise the mighty Murray River aboard an authentic paddle steamer, the P.V. Canberra
- Take a guided tour of the original Port of Echuca and Wharf Museum, once a thriving center of inland trade and see traditional Australian craftsmen at work
Please click on "View Map" for the hotel pickup list
- © Viator2013
Ask a local about Historic Echuca and Bendigo Tour including Murray River Paddle Steamer CruiseLocals have answered 27 questions about Melbourne.
Ask Melbourne Locals about Historic Echuca and Bendigo Tour including Murray River Paddle Steamer Cruise