- Cuisines: International, Fusion
NileGuide Expert Says:
Hennessy's has added expanded the nightlife on the Paseo de Montejo: come for dinner but stay for late night fun!
- Hennessy's Irish Pub, serving a national cuisine that is surprising to find in Merida, opened in December 2010 on Paseo de Montejo. Irish-born owners Sean Hennessy and Colm Cooney have transported a traditional Dublin pub atmosphere (including billiard table and photographs of Irish writers like Oscar Wilde and James Joyce) and – with the help of Merida's current "It" architect Henry Ponce – inserted it into a classic 19th century mansion. Turkey in Guinness Gravy is a hearty main course, with thickly sliced white meat piled on whipped potatoes and topped with vinegary red cabbage. Chef Jesús Martínez also prepares authentic fish and chips, short ribs, and pastas as other superb dinner choices. Irish beer and whiskey are prominent on the beverage list, of course, with Guinness, Kilkenny, Bulmers, Jameson, and Bushmills among them. The Polo Bar is an intimate space at the back of the restaurant – the owners are active competitors in the sport of kings. Hennessy's is just a stroll away from Hotel Rosas & Xocolate.
Payment: Visa, Amex, MC, Cash.
Services: restaurant, live music, full bar, garden patio dining, restrooms, private parties
- © NileGuide2013
- Paseo de Montejo at Calle 41
- Ciudad De Merida, Yucatan
- Daily, 12:00 pm to 2:00 am
- User Rating