Leave Montreal for the day to visit Quebec City, the historic heart of French Canada. You'll take a sightseeing tour in Quebec with a local licensed guide and enjoy a photo stop at magnificent Montmorency Falls – higher than Niagara Falls!
This full-day, 12-hour tour will take you back more than 350 years as you visit the former French colonial city of Quebec. You will be charmed by the old-world atmosphere of Quebec City with its narrow streets, steep hills and numerous historical treasures on the banks of the St. Lawrence River. Before you return to Montreal, you will have free time to browse Quebec's Old City.
Highlights in Quebec City include:
- Place Royale, birthplace of French civilization in North America
- Shop and eat in the oldest quarter in North America, the Petit Champlain district
- Escalier Casse-Cou, which translates as "break neck staircase" but, while impressive, it isn't nearly as dangerous as its name implies
- Funicular ride on the elevator linking Upper and Lower Old Quebec, with magnificent views of the river and surroundings
- Citadel, the largest fortifications in North America
- Plains of Abraham, where the famous battle between the French and English armies took place in 1759
- Parliament Building, Quebec's most important national historic site
- © Viator2013
Ask a local about Quebec City and Montmorency Falls Day Trip from MontrealLocals have answered 64 questions about Montreal.
Ask Montreal Locals about Quebec City and Montmorency Falls Day Trip from Montreal