- This place of worship was built in 1910-1913 by architect P. Tolstych, and is the only example in Moscow of a church built in the European modern style. Located next to Sokol'niki metro and close to the big park of the same name, this large tent-roofed church remained open during communist rule. For this reason it hosted a great number of precious icons, which were taken from other churches whose fate was less fortunate. One of these is the famous Iverskaia Holy Mother from the Iverskaia Chapel on Red Square, donated by holy monks in the 16th century. There are a further one hundred holy relics contained in the church.
- © wcities.com 2013
Ask a local about Church of the Resurrection of Christ in Sokol'niki (Tserkov' Boskreseniia v Sokolnikakh)Locals have answered 90 questions about Moscow.
Ask Moscow Locals about Church of the Resurrection of Christ in Sokol'niki (Tserkov' Boskreseniia v Sokolnikakh)