- This is the oldest of Medieval Munich's gothic town-houses which is still in reasonably good condition. Built in 1552 by master bricklayer Hans Aernhofer, the building was later altered to house the Municipal Registry Office. It originally consisted of two buildings - as Munich's town-houses were not especially large, and most had only three windows. The Weinstadl is worth visiting to see the 16th paintings on the facade by Renaissance artist Hans Mielich (rediscovered and restored in 1961), as well as the allotment gardens and the Gothic stairwell.
- © wcities.com 2013