- The present Ramgarhias are indebted to the pioneers, skilled artisans and technicians working on the Kenya Uganda Railways in the early nineteen's. The Yatta Road Ramgarhia Hall came into existence when Sardar Hem Singh Sehmi laid the foundation stone in the year 1933. The construction of the hall was done in harambee spirit by members of the community who worked tirelessly in the evenings, on week ends and on holidays. After four years of toiling Seva the opening ceremony was performed on 26th March 1937 by Sardar Kehar Singh Kalsi. The Ramgarhia Hall consisted of a prayer hall with a balcony, where on one side Sahib Siri Guru Granth Sahib was enthroned on a fourposter bed and the other three sides of the balcony could accommodate limited Saadh Sangat. The remaining Saadh Sangat could comfortably be seated in the main hall. The kitchen adjacent to the hall as a split level was designed to cater for communal meals. Residential rooms, dining hall and guest wing were a part of this three storey building.
- The description was provided by Alex Boaz
- Nairobi, Nairobi
- No Sweat
- User Rating