- Lord Dunmore built these battlements in 1789 and named them after the wife of his sovereign King George III. The drawbridge, ramparts, and waterless moat were meant to repel raiders but were never necessary. The fort never saw battle, however some of the crown's enemies spent time in the dungeon. The stronghold affords excellent views of Nassau Harbour. Tours of the facility by a costumed guide are free.
- © wcities.com 2013