Learn about the history and culture of the Bahamas on this one of a kind Nassau sightseeing tour. You'll have the opportunity to visit the old romantic sector of Nassau as well as the ancient Fincastle and Charlotte forts. Explore the Ardastra Gardens, which part jungle and part garden, expand over 5 acres (20 sq. km) and is home to 300 distinct animal species. From history to animals, there will be an activity for everyone on this unique Nassau tour!
Highlights of your drive through Nassau will include the following historical sites:
- The Queen's Staircase, also known as the 66 Steps, which lead up to Fort Fincastle, a tiny castle built in 1796 by Lord Dunmore
- Fort Charlotte, the largest Fort in the Bahamas, which was built between 1787 and 1790 to guard the west entrance to Nassau Harbour.
- Government House, the official residence of the Bahamas' governor-general, which was built in 1737 but then rebuilt in 1932 after being destroyed by a hurricane
- Picturesque Gregory Arch
- The Legislative Buildings and Law Courts in Parliament Square
- The Native Market where some 160 vendors sell everything from straw work to woodcarvings and other island handicrafts, all brightly decorated
This tour is an extension of the City and Country tour, with the inclusion of a visit to the beautiful Ardastra Gardens - a 5 acre (20 sq. km) park which is part jungle and part gardens. Ardastra is home to nearly 300 mammals, birds and reptiles, many of which are endangered species of the Caribbean and South America.
Upgrade now to the combination tour to include lunch and a beautiful drive around Paradise Island!
- © Viator2013
Ask a local about Nassau City and Country Tour with Ardastra GardensLocals have answered 27 questions about Nassau.
Ask Nassau Locals about Nassau City and Country Tour with Ardastra Gardens