Learn about the history and culture of the Bahamas on this one of a kind Nassau sightseeing tour. You'll have the opportunity to visit the old romantic sector of Nassau as well as the ancient Fincastle and Charlotte forts. From history and culture to shopping, there will be an activity for everyone on this unique Nassau tour!
Highlights of your drive through Nassau include:
- The Queen's Staircase, also known as the 66 Steps, which lead up to Fort Fincastle, a tiny castle built in 1796 by Lord Dunmore
- Fort Charlotte, the largest fort in the Bahamas, built between 1787 and 1790 to guard the west entrance to Nassau Harbor
- Government House, the official residence of the Bahamas' governor-general, which was built in 1737 but then rebuilt in 1932 after being destroyed by a hurricane
- Picturesque Gregory Arch
- The Legislative Buildings and Law Courts in Parliament Square
- The Native Market where some 160 vendors sell everything from straw work to woodcarvings and other brightly decorated island handicrafts
- © Viator2013
Ask a local about Nassau City and Country TourLocals have answered 27 questions about Nassau.
Ask Nassau Locals about Nassau City and Country Tour