- The Beauregard-Keyes House was built in 1826 by a wealthy New Orleans auctioneer. This "raised cottage" features Doric columns and handsome twin staircases, and was once home to General P.T.G. Beauregard who occupied the house with several members of his family from 1865 to 1867. From 1944 to 1970 it was the residence of novelist Frances Parkinson Keyes, who wrote a book about the General.
- © wcities.com 2013
Ask a local about Beauregard-Keyes HouseLocals have answered 8 questions about New Orleans.
Ask New Orleans Locals about Beauregard-Keyes House