- Discover the 'real' history and legends of the Creole people that make up the mysterious neighborhood of the French Quarter. Saunter down the sidewalk's of Royal, Bourbon and other quaint streets named after both saints and sinners. Your licensed guide will point out the architecture, homes, and legends of the historic French Quarter, originally settled by the French in the early 1700's.
Let a 'local expert' unravel the mysteries of America's oldest and most unique living neighborhood!
- Follow in the footsteps of historic figures as you stroll along the Mighty Mississippi, through the French Market and Jackson Square, down the banquettes (sidewalks) of quaint streets named after European saints and sinners.
- See the old Quarter come to life as your guide explains its secrets and helps you understand all it has to offer - architecture, courtyards, food, music, art and gardens.
- Includes a guided tour of the Old Ursuline Convent and Gardens, the oldest building in the Mississippi River Valley, as well as one of the few surviving buildings from French colonial days.
- Enjoy a guided tour of the New Orleans Pharmacy Museum, an old apothecary shop constructed in the early days of the American era for the first licensed pharmacist in the United States.
- Learn about yellow fever, voodoo, and the often grisly medical practices of the 19th century, such as leeches and bloodletting.
- Conclude your tour in the shady comfort of the newly renovated courtyard with its medicinal herb garden.
- © Viator2013
Ask a local about French Quarter Walking TourLocals have answered 8 questions about New Orleans.
Ask New Orleans Locals about French Quarter Walking Tour