New Orleans' only walking tour with a state-of-the-art audio system so you hear every word!
- Take a "Stroll through Elegance" with a licensed tour guide through the "American" section of New Orleans!
- The Garden District was built by the "barbarian" Americans to rival the architectural splendor of the Creoles' French Quarter.
- This elegant area is known for its marvelous examples of Greek Revival and Italianate architecture.
- View the homes of former Kings and Queens of Mardi Gras in this area-once part of the plantation owned by Bienville, the founder of New Orleans.
- Hear fascinating stories about local author Anne Rice as you walk past one of her former homes.
- Includes a refreshment stop at a local neighborhood cafe.
- Visit Lafayette Cemetery, one of our "Cities of the Dead", and learn about the unusual above ground burial system (cemetery closed on Saturday afternoons, Sundays and some holidays).
- © Viator2013
Ask a local about Garden District Walking TourLocals have answered 8 questions about New Orleans.
Ask New Orleans Locals about Garden District Walking Tour