- New Orleans has abundant wildlife, and nowhere is it more apparent than in the swamps and bayous of Louisiana. Take a boat ride through these swamps and you may see alligators, raccoons, snakes and native birds. You'll hear stories of the local Cajuns and how they created gumbo, now a New Orleans tradition.
After a short motorcoach ride across the Mississippi River, take a fascinating boat trip into the Louisiana Swamps and Bayous.
- Experience the timeless beauty of Southern Louisiana in a custom built, all weather swamp boat.
- Native guides will reveal the mysteries of the swamps and bayous and the Cajun "joie de vivre".
- Hear how the Cajun's turned soup into gumbo, the washboard in a musical instrument, and the swamps of Louisiana into a paradise.
- Observe the nesting grounds of alligators, egrets, raccoons, nutria, and many species of snakes. Some wildlife are more numerous during the warmer months of the year.
- You will be treated to a Bayou Nature Wildlife Show by a local naturalist. Snakes, alligator snapping turtles, raccoons and nutria will be among the animal guests.
- Learn about the efforts made to preserve and restore Louisiana's vanishing wetlands.
- Bring your camera to capture the "bon temps" (good times) on the bayou.
- © Viator2013
Ask a local about Swamp and Bayou Sightseeing TourLocals have answered 8 questions about New Orleans.
Ask New Orleans Locals about Swamp and Bayou Sightseeing Tour