NileGuide Expert Says:
A perennial favorite for the budget-conscious, this hotel boasts a great location for shopping and sightseeing, as well as a number of newly renovated rooms, all with Wi-Fi access and flat-screen TVs on the off chance you want to stay in.
- This hotel was once the original Life Magazine building. Some of its distinguishing features remain, including the cherub decorated entranceway. The most exciting reason for staying at this inexpensive hotel is your chance to view the exhibits of framed Life magazine covers through the decades, giving you a glimpse of American culture. Also, it is conveniently close to the Empire State Building and Macy's. Service is good, and student discounts are available.
- © wcities.com 2013
Ask a local about Herald Square Hotel (The)Locals have answered 143 questions about New York City.
Ask New York City Locals about Herald Square Hotel (The)
User Reviews for Herald Square Hotel (The)
OK for the price paid.....
The Herald Square Hotel is centrally located when you want to visit Midtown Manhattan. The Empire State Building- Madison Square Garden - Macy, 5th Ave. etc... are very close by. The...
- posted on 11.26.12
- by floridafanLuxbg
There is nothing good for me to recall when I looked back at my stay here. Staff is not friendly, when I arrived at 1pm, they told me that the room is not ready in a tone like it...
- posted on 11.20.12
- by dtai010
NEVER EVER AGAIN WILL I STAY HERE!
My husband and I have traveled a lot. We have stayed everywhere from 5 star luxury hotels to road side dumps that would make the Bates Motel look great......The Herald Square was worse!!...
- posted on 11.19.12
- by Cris B
- Budget Hotel 2007 – Audience Winner
- Budget Hotel 2006 – Editorial Winner
Children under 12 years old stay for free.
Message from Herald Square Hotel (The)
In the Heart of Midtown, Manhattan, New York City. The Definition of LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. Less than 15 Minutes from everything! The Herald Square Hotel NOW brings you the Best Value Buy in New York City with FREE Wi-Fi, FREE HBO's, an Upgraded Lobby,"4 Star" Beds throughout the Hotel for the Best Night's Sleep in NYC and many Brand NEW Rooms with Flat Screen TVs, NEW Bathrooms and a Coin Operated Guest Laundry Room with a Personal Steam Press!! Our mattresses are the same luxury quality as in the 4 star hotels. Our Rates are Value/Budget, but our Beds are First class!!!
- Visit HeraldSquareHotel.com
- Compare our Value & Rates
- BOC Winner 7 Years In A Row
- visit website
- tel: +1 212 279 4017 / +1 800 727 1888
- fax: +1 212 643 9208
- send email
- 19 WEST 31 STREET
- (between Fifth Avenue and Broadway)
- New York, NY 10001
- Y! Travel: Herald Square Hotel (The)
Hotel star rating:
- User Rating