- Type: Bed & Breakfasts
NileGuide Expert Says:
A particularly memorable room, named after the tragic Edith Wharton character Madame Olenska, boasts a bay window with a cozy sitting nook.
NileGuide Expert tip:
Casa Mono and Bar Jamon, two intimate restaurants associated with star chef Mario Batali and serving Spanish tapas, are located downstairs.
- This romantic 20-room bed & breakfast inn is located in an 1830 townhouse in one of the city's most picturesque locations, on charming Irving Place on the south side of Gramercy Park. The famous tea salon, Lady Mendyl's operates on the lobby-level floor. The rooms, outfitted with fine paintings, ornamental fireplaces, four-poster beds and other antique furniture, and shiny cherrywood floors, also offer the comforts of modern life, including a CD player, VCR and dual-line phone.
- © NileGuide2013
Ask a local about Inn at Irving PlaceLocals have answered 131 questions about New York City.
Ask New York City Locals about Inn at Irving Place
User Reviews for Inn at Irving Place
An NYC oasis!
We loved our stay at this hotel. Open again just after Hurricane Sandy it was warm & friendly. Decorated in an old-world style, great thought has gone in to every detail. It really...
- posted on 11.06.12
- by redken175
Great location and gorgeous building but...
It was like staying in a Goodwill store. Or at Grandma's house. I assume when the furniture was first purchased, they selected unique pieces for each room - which is nice but the...
- posted on 08.27.12
- by 27bslash6
An excellent inn experience in Manhattan
Stayed one Sunday night as a stopover for JFK and was very impressed. A different location from the norm down in Grammercy which allowed us to explore a new area of the city. A 1930s...
- posted on 06.18.12
- by Richard H
- Bed and Breakfasts 2006 – Audience Winner
- Bed and Breakfasts 2007 – Audience Winner
- Bed and Breakfasts 2006 – Editorial Winner
- Romantic Hotel 2007 – Editorial Winner
- Highly Recommended 2009
- Highly Recommended 2010
Afternoon high tea served.
- visit website
- tel: +1 212 533 4600 / +1 800 685 1447 (Toll Free)
- fax: +1 212 533 4611
- send email
- 56 Irving Place
- Between 17th and 18th Sts
- New York, NY 10003
Union Square, Flatiron & Gramercy
- Y! Travel: Inn at Irving Place
- breakfast included